The little birds...

If you watch little birds you will see they are busy and happy! Using whatever they can find they create the most gorgeous little nest.
I would be the little bird with some glittery thread in her nest!
We can be like this. Happily working away with the things that are available to us to create a beautiful and happy home.
All the while with a little song in our heart.

Banner by Free Pretty Things for You.

Thursday 13 March 2014

Comfort on a tray.

I love trays. We just watched The Butler (with Oprah Winfrey) and I noticed the constant use       of stunning trays. It was a wonderful movie!

Really a tray is a basic helper, saving you lots of trips back and forth, gathering everything you need in one place. It is another example of spending a few minutes planning might save you lots of time and trips in the end! 

A tray also says "nurturing" especially delivered to someone not feeling well, over tired or miserable. A little gathering of things to eat and drink, a flower, tablets to take or what ever is needed.

Nurturing could be breakfast in bed, a tray of tea in the sunshine on a nice day. A tray to sit next to someone too busy to stop or a studying student. What a lovely thing.

Nurturing can be just a cup of tea in a pretty cup and a few minutes to sit and enjoy it. When I am under the weather I will tend to make up a tray so I have everything gathered next to me. 




A year ago I made some it towels and pit holders from pretty materials. Some of it was old curtains. They have been so handy, lining trays, picnic baskets, covering food etc. as the really nicest ones have never been used to wipe dishes! This one with a little bird is my favourite...



If you are short of trays an ornate frame backed with felt becomes a tray or even a shallow box. I have seen all sorts of things turned into trays beautifully. Op shops are full of them even silver plated ornate ones which look like luxury plus! The non slip mating people use in caravans etc is amazing stuff and if someone really is in bed unwell or needs that extra support that works so well to stop things sliding around. Perhaps good for children too. It can be cut just to size. Cheap shops have it for abut $2 a roll. 

I really like gift baskets and themed gifts. Imagine making up a pretty tray with accessories like a cup and saucer, a pretty plate and vase, teabags, sugar cubes and pretty things as a gift. Tailored to suit someone nicely it would be really sweet. I collect so many things in op shops. My prettiest plates are op shop ones I have paid 50c for! Added treats like tea bags, flavoured coffees, chocolates, biscuits, gorgeous tea spoons... so many of us would love a gift like that!

Something about a tray says tender loving care. If you need that make one up for yourself or treat someone to a little delivery of love and make their day. 



2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful teapot and matching cup and saucer! A nice strong cuppa you have there as well :) I find that pretty plates are very few and far between at our local op shops now and the same goes for nice cup and saucer sets. If they get any at all in, they are really overpriced!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same problem with some of the city op shops Kaye. Not all but some... I am finding the country op shops mostly the best and sometimes garage sales or fetes etc. Sets especially of cup, saucer and side plate I think they mostly know have value. Odd bits like one plate, a jug etc I am having more luck! xxx

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! The aim of my blog is the be a place of encouragement and happiness. Very rarely is anyone rude. Actually only twice so far! If you post a rude or aggressive comment I will read it but not publish it, thanks for understanding.xxx

Spam is never published... if you are advertising a product or selling website your comment wont be published. I am inundated with stuff about drugs, horses and weird things! I am not going to publish this stuff! Thank you.