The little birds...

If you watch little birds you will see they are busy and happy! Using whatever they can find they create the most gorgeous little nest.
I would be the little bird with some glittery thread in her nest!
We can be like this. Happily working away with the things that are available to us to create a beautiful and happy home.
All the while with a little song in our heart.

Banner by Free Pretty Things for You.

Tuesday 11 March 2014

All in the details.

Before the wedding I looked for some beautiful bridal charms for over the brides arm. I couldn't find any, except one I loved which was in the UK and over a hundred pounds! I could have been looking in the wrong places but the ones I found looked sort of tacky and nasty.

I made one to be from myself from a vintage chandelier crystal, organza ribbons and a rose tag with my message written on the back. And I made extras fro the flower girls to give. It ended up being cute with my niece chasing the bride to put it over her arm, very enthusiastically! 

To make them I used jewellery wire and beads that I knew would match the dress and wedding. If I had not known I would have stuck to clear crystal. They were very simple but pretty and ended up hanging over the back of the chairs which looked gorgeous. I know they will be kept as sentimental keepsakes.



So many things would be lovely to make these, a few pearls, a vintage brooch or necklace, something special of Grandmas etc and it is going to be nicer than what you can buy.


To me after the wedding when the dust settles these are the little things you look at and read the notes and become the keep sakes of the day.



I have the bridal bouquet drying too to hand back after the honeymoon so it is not lost. Even drying it looks gorgeous! I have Chloe's bouquet drying also. The colours in them were cream through to the softest blush....  


Ohhh I want to show you the cake for which I can claim no credit what so ever but it was just beautiful. It had two flavours which were so divine but it was a tragedy to cut it up!



So you can see the top bit which is cut off above...


Well I am sure that is enough details for one day! In truth I am recovering I am so tired! It has been so emotional, I would never have guessed how much. For those of you with young daughters if they get married you will find out what I mean! I am still looking over photos as guests are sharing them. The look on my Dads face, caught a few time looking at Lucy is just beyond anything. A real heart breaker, so beautiful. Photos of both my parents with Lucy, of Andy holding her hand. Of Lucy and the flower girls who just loved every minute! Maybe I'll share that one then call it a day!






1 comment:

  1. What an absolutely beautiful cake :) It is magnificent and looks far too lovely to cut!
    Such adorable charms you have made too. I am sure they will be treasured by Lucy. I hope you are feeling a return of energy soon. Being mother of the bride (a.k.a. wedding planner!) is an enormous job! :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! The aim of my blog is the be a place of encouragement and happiness. Very rarely is anyone rude. Actually only twice so far! If you post a rude or aggressive comment I will read it but not publish it, thanks for understanding.xxx

Spam is never published... if you are advertising a product or selling website your comment wont be published. I am inundated with stuff about drugs, horses and weird things! I am not going to publish this stuff! Thank you.