The little birds...

If you watch little birds you will see they are busy and happy! Using whatever they can find they create the most gorgeous little nest.
I would be the little bird with some glittery thread in her nest!
We can be like this. Happily working away with the things that are available to us to create a beautiful and happy home.
All the while with a little song in our heart.

Banner by Free Pretty Things for You.

Wednesday 4 December 2013

A tray of pink.

Every year I make Coconut Ice for Christmas gifts and last night was the night! Packaging it actually takes much more time than making it.

I am revising the recipe as I always end up adding more condensed milk. This is a good recipe. No raw egg white or copha. It's very rich and creamy and lasts two weeks in the fridge.

This is a big batch. 

In a big bowl combine 5 cups icing sugar with 3 and a half cups desiccated coconut. Add two cans condensed milk and blend. Work until it's a thick play doh consistency.

Line a big baking pan with non stick baking paper. Press this mixture firmly into it, making an even layer with a flat surface.

Repeat the first step... add 5 cups icing sugar... etc... exactly the same and add a few drops of pink colouring. Only about 3 or 4 drops. You can darken it but go easy as too dark looks horrible. Think milk shake pink. Now this takes a lot of stirring... and then knead it using some icing sugar if it's too sticky so you get the colour smoothly blended. Once it looks smooth and soft pink press this over the white layer in your pan.

Thats it. Refrigerate for a few hours before cutting.

Pink ribbon and cellophane are my packing method. Organza ribbon looks gorgeous too as it is so soft and girly. 

I added some pretty tags.

Some years I cut heart shapes, this year I did individual serves and family sizes.

It's a perfect little treat for gifts and keep a few pieces ready for visitors! 







2 comments:

  1. Hi Annabel, just getting ready to make this though a half portion. It will go with some coffee truffles, rum and raisin truffles and almond bread as gifts. I just need to find where in town I buy cellophane bags. Really enjoying the blog though miss you on SS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb! That all sounds lovely. For this I only us cellophane although I love cellophane bags! Cheap shops tend to have them now which is fantastic. Otherwise when stuck I have used oven bags as they look the same. I love the sound of the coffee truffles! My poor diet... I am trying to package things quickly so I eat less of it! xxx

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! The aim of my blog is the be a place of encouragement and happiness. Very rarely is anyone rude. Actually only twice so far! If you post a rude or aggressive comment I will read it but not publish it, thanks for understanding.xxx

Spam is never published... if you are advertising a product or selling website your comment wont be published. I am inundated with stuff about drugs, horses and weird things! I am not going to publish this stuff! Thank you.