The little birds...

If you watch little birds you will see they are busy and happy! Using whatever they can find they create the most gorgeous little nest.
I would be the little bird with some glittery thread in her nest!
We can be like this. Happily working away with the things that are available to us to create a beautiful and happy home.
All the while with a little song in our heart.

Banner by Free Pretty Things for You.

Saturday 2 November 2013

Spray paint deception.




A while ago in a catalogue I feel in love with a wrought iron chandelier. Amazing and stunning!
I bought a wrought iron plain frame that holds candles. Then covered it in plastic roses and leaves until I was satisfied with the arrangement and coverage. Then, this was the fun bit, I sprayed it with layers and layers of cream spray paint. As it dried the roses and leaves became hard and it looked convincingly like wrought iron. Here it is hung outside covered in fairy lights. Everyone comments on it! I had it over a dining room table for a while then under the verandah with fairy lights. There was a little work in it but the effect worked!

3 comments:

  1. What a stunning effect for very little. I have two plain wrought iron chandeliers. I feel a project coming on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's a great idea!!! And it turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melanie it works also with flowers added to baskets, frames or a candelabra... it really looks like porcelain or iron depending on the paint. A good trick!

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! The aim of my blog is the be a place of encouragement and happiness. Very rarely is anyone rude. Actually only twice so far! If you post a rude or aggressive comment I will read it but not publish it, thanks for understanding.xxx

Spam is never published... if you are advertising a product or selling website your comment wont be published. I am inundated with stuff about drugs, horses and weird things! I am not going to publish this stuff! Thank you.