The little birds...

If you watch little birds you will see they are busy and happy! Using whatever they can find they create the most gorgeous little nest.
I would be the little bird with some glittery thread in her nest!
We can be like this. Happily working away with the things that are available to us to create a beautiful and happy home.
All the while with a little song in our heart.

Banner by Free Pretty Things for You.

Wednesday 6 November 2013

Mouse weddings and Country Bumpkin.

When I was growing up Country Bumpkin, the worlds most beautiful embroidery store, was near my family farm. I would dream and drool, that's all I can say.

I purchased every magazine they published. And thats how I began embroidering.

Currently I'm obsessed with mouse weddings. I think because my daughter is getting married next year! 

Since they are my embroidery heros I sent them a picture from the last post and they commented on it! This is equivalent of an autograph of a Hollywood star in my world! 

There are so many ways to learn, classes, you tube, books and its not hard. Its very relaxing and from nothing you can create a heirloom. I love that.







4 comments:

  1. Just love this and of course you deserve a mention in their books because of being a huge fan and also making such beautiful things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Susan! Their books are amazing with stunning photography. Lots of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Annabel, your embroidery is stunning! So beautiful. What a gorgeous heirloom legacy for your girls and soon-to-be grand baby (babies...future perhaps, God willing :). I love that you received a mention from your embroidery heroes. I just called my 16 year-old and 10 year-old daughters in to look at this post, as they are both very artistic. They agree..."beautiful", "awww", "mommy LOOK at the bow on her tail!" Those were just a few of the gushes from them. I just can't get over the detail, I get lost in looking from one tiny detail to the other to the next. Even my husband thinks your work is exquisite. Thank you for sharing this on your blog. So pretty, peaceful and inspiring! :) big hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Colette! I truly love making up these little pictures. I can't draw to save myself but I can make pictures this way!
      I am wanting to do a blanket for Lucy but I need to know if the baby is a boy or a girl as I would do different things. Hopefully soon I will know! Thank you so much!
      xxx

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! The aim of my blog is the be a place of encouragement and happiness. Very rarely is anyone rude. Actually only twice so far! If you post a rude or aggressive comment I will read it but not publish it, thanks for understanding.xxx

Spam is never published... if you are advertising a product or selling website your comment wont be published. I am inundated with stuff about drugs, horses and weird things! I am not going to publish this stuff! Thank you.