The little birds...

If you watch little birds you will see they are busy and happy! Using whatever they can find they create the most gorgeous little nest.
I would be the little bird with some glittery thread in her nest!
We can be like this. Happily working away with the things that are available to us to create a beautiful and happy home.
All the while with a little song in our heart.

Banner by Free Pretty Things for You.

Friday 1 November 2013

Mirror makeover and long day.

Today was the start of a new era! Sometimes things happen for a reason. I could see the sunshine of a situation today and also got some very lovely mail.

This mirror was a hideous mirror from an old 70's dressing table. I grabbed it as it was free, huge and in good condition. But ugly!

The frame was thick brown plain wood. I tore up about 5 meters of calico and soaked it in white wood working glue watered down a bit. Once it was soaked I scrunched the calico around the frame to look like sculpture. At the top I made a bow and scrunched it and squished it into place. It all dried hard and looks and feels like plaster. I love it! You can cover boxes or frames this way to make them look antique and it can be painted if you want once dry. But I like cream or white so this soft colour is good for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments thank you! The aim of my blog is the be a place of encouragement and happiness. Very rarely is anyone rude. Actually only twice so far! If you post a rude or aggressive comment I will read it but not publish it, thanks for understanding.xxx

Spam is never published... if you are advertising a product or selling website your comment wont be published. I am inundated with stuff about drugs, horses and weird things! I am not going to publish this stuff! Thank you.