The little birds...

If you watch little birds you will see they are busy and happy! Using whatever they can find they create the most gorgeous little nest.
I would be the little bird with some glittery thread in her nest!
We can be like this. Happily working away with the things that are available to us to create a beautiful and happy home.
All the while with a little song in our heart.

Banner by Free Pretty Things for You.

Monday 4 November 2013

Make me swoon.

To say I love flowers really doesn't cover it. Surely most people do. Roses and peonies are my favourite along with magnolias and so many more.

One of my Nans was a florist. She started as a school girl making wreaths as in a country town she soon made wreaths for funerals and next thing she was making flower arrangements for all kinds of occasions. She had a knack. So I grew up seeing her flowers and arrangements and played with her "squirty bottle" and was terribly helpful with that I'm sure.

Nan entered arrangements into the Adelaide show every year and always won ribbons. That was her thing. And bowling. 

So playing with flowers led me to do flowers for a few weddings but mostly for myself at home. 

I don't mind silk flowers. Mixed with real greenery they can be convincing! 

When things are desperate I make crepe paper roses. This sounds dreadful and you expect dire results. But this is them...  (I'm thinking of making a tutorial for these, you hand dye the paper to get the colours...)



I have a beautiful wire stand that is meant to hold a pot plant but I've filled that with a mix of things and change it around now and then. It brings me joy everyday.







2 comments:

  1. How gorgeous! And yes, I love flowers too....peonies are my absolute favorite!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! The aim of my blog is the be a place of encouragement and happiness. Very rarely is anyone rude. Actually only twice so far! If you post a rude or aggressive comment I will read it but not publish it, thanks for understanding.xxx

Spam is never published... if you are advertising a product or selling website your comment wont be published. I am inundated with stuff about drugs, horses and weird things! I am not going to publish this stuff! Thank you.