The little birds...

If you watch little birds you will see they are busy and happy! Using whatever they can find they create the most gorgeous little nest.
I would be the little bird with some glittery thread in her nest!
We can be like this. Happily working away with the things that are available to us to create a beautiful and happy home.
All the while with a little song in our heart.

Banner by Free Pretty Things for You.

Thursday 7 November 2013

Herb Garden.

My little herb garden produces enough herbs for us and the girls in their own homes all year around. I'm successful with basil, chives, mint, oregano, sage, thyme, parsley and a few others...

It's raining tonight and I'm so thankful! This does the garden more good than any amount of watering. Tomorrow it will look wonderful.

I have quite a few tomatoes doing well as well. Everyday I would pick and use something but in summer the basil will be huge and I'll pick giant bunches and give heaps away. It smells beautiful.

Just a few snips or sprigs on a plate make things look nice. In winter my chicken soup has loads of parsley. Tomato and basil salad is lovely. Thyme with lamb on the BBQ. Rosemary with a roast lamb and fresh mint sauce... yum.

But theres more. When we work inside, on the computer lots etc., it's good to be in the real world!  It's a joy to see things grow,pick things, smell the scent released when you are watering. Beautiful. Just being outside in the sun is lovely and a garden makes sure you are always out enjoying it. Many benefits. Even a few herbs in a pot will have the same effect.

It costs about the same to buy seedlings as a bunch of herbs to use. Soon you build up a collection. It can save a fortune, be healthy and make your cooking much better.

Quite often the chooks get some too, Im sure the herbs are good for them too. This of kind of one end of the herb garden...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments thank you! The aim of my blog is the be a place of encouragement and happiness. Very rarely is anyone rude. Actually only twice so far! If you post a rude or aggressive comment I will read it but not publish it, thanks for understanding.xxx

Spam is never published... if you are advertising a product or selling website your comment wont be published. I am inundated with stuff about drugs, horses and weird things! I am not going to publish this stuff! Thank you.