The little birds...

If you watch little birds you will see they are busy and happy! Using whatever they can find they create the most gorgeous little nest.
I would be the little bird with some glittery thread in her nest!
We can be like this. Happily working away with the things that are available to us to create a beautiful and happy home.
All the while with a little song in our heart.

Banner by Free Pretty Things for You.

Tuesday 5 November 2013

Grandma's purses.

Most of us have old evening purses, glomesh purses and pretty coin purses we rarely use! It is nice to have a stunning evening purse to use on a special occasion but I had many languishing and kind of wasted. Lots of grannies carefully kept their special purses still in their original boxes, wrapped in tissue paper and there they still are or perhaps given to us or in the local thrift shop.

I have picked up lots for a tiny price and can't resist them. They get a new life as put a little sparkle in your day makeup purses, coin purses, pill purses and whatever else I might need to be travelling with.

The best one is an old glomesh cigarette case. It holds my camera perfectly and has a cool mechanism that slides the phone out when you open it. It's very slick!

This is, miraculously, not old or out of date. Wherever I am its the teenagers who come out of the woodwork and tell me how cool! where did I get it? Ahhh you have to laugh, everything old is new again... 
And my twenty something daughters have asked me please..... for some of my finds!

This is a case of you may have treasures already that can be reused and make things special. Breathing new life into things is better than new things! Things with a story. Nana would be thrilled we are using her special things in our lives.






5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful collection. I predict a mass storming of thrift shops for glomesh! Just divine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annabel such a wonderful collection, I must say I don't often see these in the local op shops so maybe need to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fantastic, Annabel!

    PS, I've worked out how to post comments!! LG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are very gorgeous purses. It's great to reuse your grandmother’s purses since most of the fashion trend nowadays are angling back to the vintage aesthetic. I also think it’s a great idea to use your grandma’s than have to buy new ones since you might have a similar style taste with her. After all, your grandmother was a teenager once as well. 

    Denise Magill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denise. I wish now I had my Nanas beauty case and dressing table things... all so lovely! I still pick up gorgeous little evening purses at op shops that are so pretty and so useful!

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! The aim of my blog is the be a place of encouragement and happiness. Very rarely is anyone rude. Actually only twice so far! If you post a rude or aggressive comment I will read it but not publish it, thanks for understanding.xxx

Spam is never published... if you are advertising a product or selling website your comment wont be published. I am inundated with stuff about drugs, horses and weird things! I am not going to publish this stuff! Thank you.