The little birds...

If you watch little birds you will see they are busy and happy! Using whatever they can find they create the most gorgeous little nest.
I would be the little bird with some glittery thread in her nest!
We can be like this. Happily working away with the things that are available to us to create a beautiful and happy home.
All the while with a little song in our heart.

Banner by Free Pretty Things for You.

Thursday 14 November 2013

A dream journal.

I love journals. The whole experience of writing things down, planning and dreaming. To me if it isn't written down it didn't happen. And if it's not written down it probably won't happen.

Every year my daughter makes me a journal. Each one is covered in details of things she knows I love! They must take her hours but each year she obviously saves every image she sees in magazines and catalogues of things she knows I adore. Then makes them into a collage on the front and back of a blank journal. 

Each year seems to have a theme. She does the front and back covers. The end result is gorgeous! I look forward to seeing what comes next!

She knows me well too, we have jewels and pink, birds and cupcakes and endless delights.

It's a fabulous idea you could adapt for someone close to you, just personalising it for them. Imagine a french theme or ballet or fashion. What about shoes for our shoe junkie friend? It is a little bit of an inspiration board right there. Inspiring every time you look at it.

They have a glossy contact finish and look so professional and usually a little note wishing me a wonderful year inside the first page. 

Fancy journals and diaries are expensive, this would be priceless but cost so little to make. It could equally well be a diary or planner. 

Many of us have a pile of magazines. They need to go into your inspirations scrap books and be made into wonderful things so you can enjoy the images everyday! 






1 comment:

  1. What a special daughter you have. That is just beautiful. She's clearly inherited your creative gene :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! The aim of my blog is the be a place of encouragement and happiness. Very rarely is anyone rude. Actually only twice so far! If you post a rude or aggressive comment I will read it but not publish it, thanks for understanding.xxx

Spam is never published... if you are advertising a product or selling website your comment wont be published. I am inundated with stuff about drugs, horses and weird things! I am not going to publish this stuff! Thank you.