The little birds...

If you watch little birds you will see they are busy and happy! Using whatever they can find they create the most gorgeous little nest.
I would be the little bird with some glittery thread in her nest!
We can be like this. Happily working away with the things that are available to us to create a beautiful and happy home.
All the while with a little song in our heart.

Banner by Free Pretty Things for You.

Sunday 11 May 2014

Sunshine between rainy days.

Really the happiest combination is a sunny day in between wet/gloomy days. Two nights ago we had an inch of rain and days of drizzle. Then yesterday was glorious and so is today. Everything looks gorgeous. Washed, clean, fresh and bright. It is really like the world had a good wash. Sunshine on damp leaves is sparkly. All the birds come out and look happy and busy.

I am happy we have big windows and the sun streams in and fills the house with warmth and brightness. I love it. I keep lots of glass, mirrors, flowers to make the most of any available light and sparkle. Despite an autumn leaf thing going on in the garden the sunshine even makes that look nice! Everyone feels better on a day like this including the birds who are all singing away.



These days are hay making days. Firstly I will make sure I get out in this sun. Sit and have a cup of lea, write a letter, do something in the garden, walk around and check how watered everything is. Just soak some up. It has a big effect on how I feel.

Wash the towels and the linen and get it on the line. Quickly while this lasts. And if I don't have time or need to wash then gather up the towels from the bathroom and sun them anyway so they are perfectly fresh and dry. Makes a big difference. I bring them in as it cools in the evening and they feel lovely.

I'll hang things that need drying out in the sun. I have tops I hand wash and drip dry so out they go.


Later in the day when I bring everything in I feel it's bringing the sunshine into the house. You notice how things feel when you go to use them in the evening.

All this is free. I don't use a dryer and we keep up just fine. I do leap into action any sunny day.

Letting the sun in the house warms it up but it makes it feel warmer and brighter. It makes me feel good. Free vitamin D included.

You see birds laying with their wings outstretched sun baking. They are just soaking it up. They know what they are doing. Recently I say a dove out the front on the pavers like this and I thought he was injured, but he was just sunning himself and having a beautiful time. 

When the kids were little these were the days to invent games outside and spend the day playing cubbies or gardening. It all equaled a good day and a great sleep.

I've had requests for more photos of the pelicans! Ok so here are a couple...



They look like they're happy in the sun too. I miss these guys. You could not be lonely in Tumby Bay, you always had company! 

I am off to the grocery shops and have a million things to do. Being Monday I like to get the week off to a good start and tick a few things off my list (which I make on Sundays).
I have some good things this week to do too! I hope the sun is shining on you today as well. xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments thank you! The aim of my blog is the be a place of encouragement and happiness. Very rarely is anyone rude. Actually only twice so far! If you post a rude or aggressive comment I will read it but not publish it, thanks for understanding.xxx

Spam is never published... if you are advertising a product or selling website your comment wont be published. I am inundated with stuff about drugs, horses and weird things! I am not going to publish this stuff! Thank you.