The little birds...

If you watch little birds you will see they are busy and happy! Using whatever they can find they create the most gorgeous little nest.
I would be the little bird with some glittery thread in her nest!
We can be like this. Happily working away with the things that are available to us to create a beautiful and happy home.
All the while with a little song in our heart.

Banner by Free Pretty Things for You.

Tuesday 28 November 2017

The Christmas Challenge. Show and Tell for November. 2017.

Today I am off to the farm!  I am posting then heading south. It is very warm weather too.  As usual I will op shop on the way!  There are two small towns that have great op shops.  This breaks up the trip which is a three hour drive.  It makes it really fun.  Most of the trip is lovely.  I go along the Coorong. If you live overseas then google that as it is interesting!

Today I will start show and tell for November. We are getting so close to Christmas now!

First of all we have Cookie.  She is waiting on the birth of a very special baby and she made a beautiful quilt which was given at the most fantastic baby shower I have ever heard about!


And she is busy now on burp cloths and all sorts of other baby items!  Anyone would love to have Cookie sewing lovely things for their new baby!

Maria made Angel Wings for her Aunt.  What could be better than angel wings? Ruffled angel wings! 



I have always loved this verse.   I think this is a most beautiful Christmas gift Maria!

Also Maria showed me her packaging for her little fruit cakes and Christmas cooking.



I thought this is bright, cheerful, reusable and sealed.  Very good idea.  I could do with saving up some nice containers to do the same.

Kathy recently mentioned inheriting her husbands Grand Mothers quilts. I said how I would love to see them and she sent me photos!  So here they are:


This is my favourite for the quilted pattens and the colouring. Just divine.


These are just stunning.  I know I would have loved this lady.  What work she put into these.  


What is also wonderful to me is that Kathy really appreciates these quits and they will be valued and cared for.  To me these things in a family are worth more than anything you can buy in some shop.  Just far more.

Kathy also shared an op shop (thrift store) find she was thrilled with...


I can see why, I love cups and saucers.  I watch for them all the time!

Thank you Kathy!  I wonder if I will find any treasures today?


If you have work to show please email me at brinkzi21@hotmail.com and I will feature it next week.  Feel free to include cooking for Christmas as well as crafts!  In fact as we go into December if you are cooking and packaging up goodies please share as it seems packaging ideas are something we are all looking for.  I can add these kind of pictures at any time!

I will have to post feather your Nest Friday on the weekend when I get back.  But I think I will have a lot to report and will look forward to hearing about your week which I hope will be a great on!  xxx

10 comments:

  1. Oh my word Kathy's inherited quilts are amazing! I love the stories that these old quilts tell. Cookie the special baby receiving your quilt will be able to tell her own stories in years to come, using the lovely one you have made. Maria I had forgotten about that verse. I am going to write it down and include it with an angel wing stitchery that you have given me the incentive to try. The ruffled angel wings are divine. Annabel haven't I seen something like these wings made by you? I have made some Christmas cakes and Christmas puddings as gifts and had been wondering how I could gift them. It is way too humid to just use cellophane here. That is just asking for mould. I have seen the little lidded glass bowls at the supermarket. I think I will be purchasing some. Thanks Maria.
    Alas my stitching has only been for little people bucket hats. The little dictator insists on sitting on my feet when I am sewing, which makes the whole process a little bit difficult.
    Have fun at the farm Annabel. Life is hot, humid and sprinkler fun good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane,I got the Angel wings idea and verse from Annabel's blog a few years back , and I think she got it from Sweet Melanie's blog, if I remember rightly.
      I had bought opshop small tins for my little Christmas cakes but they were not deep enough,but then I saw I had those fancy glad containers which were the perfect fit.
      I made those cakes awhile ago so they were still in their baking paper and then gladwrap.(Plastic food wrap for US girls).I took off the older baking paper and Wrapped that around each cake,I double folded the paper. And then added a Christmas themed foil cake band/wrap , then finally wrapped it in Glad wrap . Put it in the container and added 1-3 folded Christmas theme paper serviettes.When I give them out I tell the recipients to keep in a cool place.Good luck , Love Maria x

      Delete
  2. Dear Annabel,thanks for showing my Wings and baking gifts .Tomorrow Im seeing my aunt and that will be the end of a week of food gifts to recipients, well for now at least .
    Hope you have a good trip to the farm and with opshopping.
    Cookie- that's a beautiful quilt you have made for a special baby , I love the soft colours as well.
    Kathy -how wonderful to inherit those quilts, such a labour of love and memories to look after and pass on. Im with Annabel on the one I favour most ie the pink :-).
    Have a lovely weekend Bluebirds! Love Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Maria, Thank you for sharing the photos! I need to get onto December cooking now! Also some card making! With love and thanks, Annabel.xxx

      Delete
    2. Hi Maria,

      That is my favorite, too! It is on the bed in our guest room as we speak.

      Hope you have a great day,
      Kathy

      Delete
  3. Dear Annabel
    Thank you for showing the quilt. It was so much fun to make.

    Maria, the angel wings are lovely. A beautiful gift!

    What a treasure for Kathy to have these heirloom quilts.They are exquisite.
    Wishing everyone a good weekend. Blessings, Cookie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Cookie, Thank you for showing us the quilt. Yours will be an heirloom in the future also. I think of the love that goes into a project like this!
      I finally made something with the glitter foam too! With love Annabel.xxx

      Delete
  4. Dear Annabel, those quilts are to die for. What a special lady she must have been. Marias angel wings are so sweet and I always love seeing new packaging ideas for home baked goodies. As for that teacup, well the shape of that is a feast for the eyes. I must finish off a few projects and email them through for you. I hope all is well there. Such exciting times for you. Love, Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mimi, I would LOVE to see your projects! I can imagine as everything you do is presented in a gorgeous way.
      I thought the quilts very special. I just was away at the farm so running lat with everything! With love Annabel.xxx

      Delete
  5. Hi Annabel,

    How wonderful to see Grandma P's quilts on the blog this morning! Your favorite is also my favorite; I adore the stitched sunflower blocks. I wish we had photos of her knitted blankets. She made huge warm blankets with all different cables knitted through them. Truly an inspiration.

    Hope you have a great week,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! The aim of my blog is the be a place of encouragement and happiness. Very rarely is anyone rude. Actually only twice so far! If you post a rude or aggressive comment I will read it but not publish it, thanks for understanding.xxx

Spam is never published... if you are advertising a product or selling website your comment wont be published. I am inundated with stuff about drugs, horses and weird things! I am not going to publish this stuff! Thank you.