The little birds...

If you watch little birds you will see they are busy and happy! Using whatever they can find they create the most gorgeous little nest.
I would be the little bird with some glittery thread in her nest!
We can be like this. Happily working away with the things that are available to us to create a beautiful and happy home.
All the while with a little song in our heart.

Banner by Free Pretty Things for You.

Monday 18 March 2019

The Tuesday Afternoon Club, 19th March, 2019.

This week we have some photos from some of the Tuesday Club members who like to post here rather than in the Facebook group.  So even more ideas to inspire us!
 It is a busy day!  I am off to see the girls with Mum after I report my crafts, use it up and set things to good use.    If you would like to join The Tuesday Afternoon Club come over and sign up  here.  The goal is to encourage one another to make all we can and especially use up resources we have to fill our give cupboards, to decorate our homes and to help others.  We especially meet up and report in on Tuesdays!  So I love Tuesdays! 

Here today we have a photo from Jen in NS.


Jen is just about famous amongst us all for her stunning knitting, sewing and cards. As usual Jen this is all beautiful!

Lorna has been so productive making things for her new home including curtains.  Lorna also has an Ebay shop and you can find it if you look up Sewingcreations15.  She has been making bread bags...



I have to mention that I have tried so many things to keep lettuce fresh and have found a bag like this placed in the crisper is just AMAZING for keeping leafy greens fresh!

Also sleep masks...   



Lorna makes them many layers thick so they truly keep out any light.  There are so many things Lorna makes for her shop!  also she sells her garden seeds and herbs.  So industrious! 

Clare sent me a photo of her giant pumpkins!  In another photo her dogs were next to these and they are miles bigger than the dogs!  They are HUGE!  Clare previously shared a photo of a wheel barrow of giant sunflowers.  I asked her what is in her soil as the things she grows are gigantic!  I would love to grow these!!


I love pumpkins and thing they are beautiful.  I am hoping to be able to have my own pumpkin patch next spring, we need to improve the soil in the area I have room to grow them then I am set.  


Jen in NZ completed a blanket for her daughter.  This is just beautiful and her daughter loves it!  A project of this size is such a gift of love.  It is amazing Jen.  I am about a quarter the way on mine! 


Jen my Mum made me a pink and white rug when I was little... about the same size.  Chloe has it now! We still have it!  It is still in perfect condition too! 

Tanya made her sons some shorts.  They love camouflage print!


And one son a pillow with his initial on it...



She also made her little girl some very pretty skirts..


My girls loves skirts like this as they loved to be able to twirl and dance in them! 


Beautiful work Tanya.  You are so busy and achieve so much!

As it has been a few weeks now I am terrified I have forgotten someone! I hope not. 

Thank you all for sharing your photos!  There is so much we can do!  Busy hands make happy hearts! 
Have a wonderful day! xxx











11 comments:

  1. WOW again loads of beautiful work absolutely love it all, thank you all for the inspiration, and once again many thanks to Annabel for starting this wonderful group
    love xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ladies you are all very talented and your makes are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done: Lorna, Jen, Tanya, and Clare! So inspired. Love those pumpkins. :) Thanks for sharing.

    Blessings,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tanya your skirts and shorts are so well sewn and look beautiful. Both Jens your knitting and cards and crochet are so pretty and Clare those pumpkins are huge.

    Well done everyone and keep up the great work :).

    Sewingcreations15 (Lorna).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work! Thank you Annabel and all for sharing.I'm thinking I need to find out more about the bag for the lettuce. Everything I have is plastic and I would like to get away from so much of that. My husband finds sleep masks very helpful, so now another thing I need to look into making :-). Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work Tanya, Lorna, Jen and Clare! Love the little skirts Tan made and Jen's handiwork is gorgeous as usual. I love Lorna's fabrics...and would like to try one of her bags for produce.
    Thanks Annabel for these lovely posts! Mary in San Diego

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Annabel,
    Thank you for sharing every one's work! We have some truly talented ladies here!
    Love, Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you ladies for your comments to the girls! I want to try growing big pumpkins but I dont think they will ever out do Clares!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely work ladies - everything looks beautiful, and you can see the love and skill that has gone into each item! Annabel, I am going to try that idea of keeping lettuce in one of these bags!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you to everyone for your lovely comments about my photo...you are all too kind! The colors on Jen's blanket are just gorgeous and go so cutely with the stuffed animals! Tanya, I bet your kids just love their shorts and skirts. And Lorna, I am intrigued by your eye masks...especially after a couple of nights here waking up from the light of a big moon shining in our bedroom even through the blinds! And Clare's pumpkins are gorgeous!

    Keep sending photos!! I love to see everyone's work!

    xx Jen in NS

    ReplyDelete
  11. How I love all these photos from my crafting sisters...we make the world a little sweeter😊💕

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! The aim of my blog is the be a place of encouragement and happiness. Very rarely is anyone rude. Actually only twice so far! If you post a rude or aggressive comment I will read it but not publish it, thanks for understanding.xxx

Spam is never published... if you are advertising a product or selling website your comment wont be published. I am inundated with stuff about drugs, horses and weird things! I am not going to publish this stuff! Thank you.