The little birds...

If you watch little birds you will see they are busy and happy! Using whatever they can find they create the most gorgeous little nest.
I would be the little bird with some glittery thread in her nest!
We can be like this. Happily working away with the things that are available to us to create a beautiful and happy home.
All the while with a little song in our heart.

Banner by Free Pretty Things for You.

Saturday 31 May 2014

A shiny new month, a shiny new season!

It's exciting for me, a Sunday, a first of the month and a new season!  All in one day!
I always like to plan my week ahead on a Sunday. A few minutes doing this really saves me a lot of time during the week. it's a amazing. And I get more done if I have a list and some goals. I really achieve so much more.

On top of that at the start of a new month I look back over the last and think about everything we achieved and things that were special then work on what it is I really want to do with this brand new month. And in this case as well what do I want to do through winter? For me that includes how to I enjoy and love it instead of just survive it! Doing this turned the last two winters into very happy snuggled in ones instead of gloomy long ones that had me desperate for some sun. One of the things that has helped me is to take every opportunity that the sun is out to be out there in it. And today even though the first day of winter the sun is shining! I always keep a spot to sit for a cup of tea or to write a letter and make a phone call out in the sun. This makes a world of difference to how I feel.


My next one is to illuminate the evenings so they just don't seem gloomy. We have a little chimnea outside and have a little fire, make toasties and have candles. THis makes a very cosy atmosphere that I love.





From past experience I know that Christmas time seems to be the time that I either am so happy with my year or that I wonder where it went and wonder what happened to my good intentions! And I want this Christmas to be in the first group. So the first of each month is my day to take a look at how my goals are going and not forget them!

I am just doing this now with my diary out and it is really lovely. And it is only June we still have more than half a year to (insert your things...) make lots of presents, meet my health and fitness goals, finish our kitchen, achieve my blog goals and so on. And I already have some happy ticks on some of my goals.

This all stops me from later going "oh yeh I was going to....." and "whatever happened to that!?" 

I think I have learned a lot this year. (so far) I feel I have and I have read a lot of books too. Some of them have given me so many ideas and tips and most of them have been free ebooks along with a couple that were two dollars or so. 

Winter is a good time for saving too. I think pots of soup, long slow cooking and crock pot meals are good money savers and filling too. Inexpensive meat and vegies turn into masterpieces that are so delicious and comforting. I get stuck into my present making and churn out lots of things that come Christmas time I am amazed at all my gift giving options. Busy as a bee is also my way of not feeling gloomy about winter. For winter gifts I make lots of really soft rugs. They are lovely to work on and make great gifts. I keep several for emergency gifts as well and smaller ones for children and car rugs.



My goals and savings etc are where I am in my life, family and circumstances and yours will be different. But the idea is the same, to take just a few minutes to consider and plan and get the most out of a year that goes by too quickly. I'd rather enjoy the moment if I can than long for another time. And winter has some beautiful things... marshmallows melted on hot chocolate, bon fires, twinkly lights, snuggly evenings, layered outfits, scarves and boots, delicious soups and hot baths. It doesn't sound too bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments thank you! The aim of my blog is the be a place of encouragement and happiness. Very rarely is anyone rude. Actually only twice so far! If you post a rude or aggressive comment I will read it but not publish it, thanks for understanding.xxx

Spam is never published... if you are advertising a product or selling website your comment wont be published. I am inundated with stuff about drugs, horses and weird things! I am not going to publish this stuff! Thank you.