The little birds...

If you watch little birds you will see they are busy and happy! Using whatever they can find they create the most gorgeous little nest.
I would be the little bird with some glittery thread in her nest!
We can be like this. Happily working away with the things that are available to us to create a beautiful and happy home.
All the while with a little song in our heart.

Banner by Free Pretty Things for You.

Monday 3 February 2014

Beautiful imperfections.

Beautiful old tins seem very romantic to me. In the same way as trunks and chests do. They are so lovely and have so many uses.

I really adore crackles and age showing on things. I don't think it should be covered over or restored as it is beautiful already!

This tin is one of three I found in a shed. they don't even have lids but I just love them. I added a transfer to each and they will be my wooden spoon/spatula holders in the kitchen I am working towards!



To me this is so romantic and shabby. It makes my heart melt!

I have an old tin with an original transfer and I imagine it came from someones old kitchen which I just love. It is not in good shape inside so I wouldn't store food in it. I keep my biscuit cutters in it so it is really handy.


With my vintage style transfers I have managed to make a whole heap of things I have collected seem to match or make sense at least!


They are the sweetest addition to so many things. I think I have an addiction. Still there are worse things I could be addicted to!

I have finished repainting the lids of all my jars. They are very pale pink and have rose tops. I did over thirty in various sizes. A few are huge old ones, most are medium in thick old glass, some with a blue/green tint in the glass. I love those ones!


It is a good idea to add clear varnish over your transfers so I paint over a couple of layers.


What gets me is the difference it makes to have really ordinary things with a touch of what you love. They make me happy every time I look at them! They make me want to collect rolling pins and aprons. Have pretty kitchen curtains and pot holders. Make scones and have tea parties!


I have a funny little thing... when progress on anything is stuck I just do anything at all that is a small step towards what ever it is (in this case improved kitchen). Any little step is still a step in the right direction. Last year I got a new fridge. It made the hugest difference to the kitchen and my day. I love this fridge! So little steps towards my dream kitchen!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments thank you! The aim of my blog is the be a place of encouragement and happiness. Very rarely is anyone rude. Actually only twice so far! If you post a rude or aggressive comment I will read it but not publish it, thanks for understanding.xxx

Spam is never published... if you are advertising a product or selling website your comment wont be published. I am inundated with stuff about drugs, horses and weird things! I am not going to publish this stuff! Thank you.