The little birds...

If you watch little birds you will see they are busy and happy! Using whatever they can find they create the most gorgeous little nest.
I would be the little bird with some glittery thread in her nest!
We can be like this. Happily working away with the things that are available to us to create a beautiful and happy home.
All the while with a little song in our heart.

Banner by Free Pretty Things for You.

Sunday 17 November 2013

Sweet gifts.



Lovely pillowcases are such a nice gift. For a baby shower, for a little girl or for your Grandmother, all women seem to love them when they are special and pretty. It is a personal and sweet gift.

Previously I showed soft floral ones with crochet edges. This time I've made ones with flourishes of lace and embroidery. They are so soft and delicate. I made mine from scratch but you can cheat and buy some and add lace, embroidery, monograms etc yourself to personalise them.

Another day I'll show how to do some by adding lace to a ready made pillowcase.

For shadow work (above) you need a fine voile as the stitches need to show through. Voile is inexpensive and beautiful! It tends to come in gorgeous soft colours.



Ribbon embroidery is quick and easy. Country Bumpkin have a lovely magazine and I really taught myself from those. But you can learn on You tube. That's the way to learn anything for free, it's fabulous.


Embroidery is a beautiful summer thing for me. Keeping a little supply of things for gifts is so handy and making something especially to suit someone in their favourite colour is perfect. Even if someone is unwell or in hospital a pillowcase is the sweetest gift.

In the summer sales picking up some soft voiles means a divine pillowcase for a present is going to cost  a tiny amount and probably become something cherished!


3 comments:

  1. Annabel, that is exquisite :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mimi, Ive seen your sewing so I know we love the same things.xx

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! I love that ribbon embroidery.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! The aim of my blog is the be a place of encouragement and happiness. Very rarely is anyone rude. Actually only twice so far! If you post a rude or aggressive comment I will read it but not publish it, thanks for understanding.xxx

Spam is never published... if you are advertising a product or selling website your comment wont be published. I am inundated with stuff about drugs, horses and weird things! I am not going to publish this stuff! Thank you.