The little birds...

If you watch little birds you will see they are busy and happy! Using whatever they can find they create the most gorgeous little nest.
I would be the little bird with some glittery thread in her nest!
We can be like this. Happily working away with the things that are available to us to create a beautiful and happy home.
All the while with a little song in our heart.

Banner by Free Pretty Things for You.

Wednesday 20 November 2013

Sparkling banner.

My first Christmas decoration of the season is up! I made a banner of glittery letters and it was really fun and quite messy. 

I purchased wooden letters to spell my word, in this case "nest" and Andy drilled holes in them for me so that I could string them together. I simply sprayed each letter with spray glue and over a tray outside sprinkled a thick layer of glitter over that. Next time I would use Mod Podge as the spray glue was a little light I thought. Anyway it took a bit of fiddling to cover the sides of the letters as well as an even coverage on the fronts. I let it dry and shook off the excess glitter and repeated to do all four letters. 

I wanted to keep it slightly rustic so I used twine to string my letters together. finding a place to hang it was the next thing and I chose over a lovely mirror in the lounge room. Then I added a little bird to a nest and stuck tiny eggs into the nest and bits of sticks and yarn to make the nest more comfy! They are gravity defying eggs by the way!

And another little bird and a real feather I found out the front recently, then a silk rose to finish it off.

It looks cute and as if the birds really are nesting! Nesting is (obviously) a favourite theme of mine, it means homemaking! And birds are so happy and sweet to me.

Glitter is so much fun now I'm eyeing off things with a view to make them over with glitter as it is very transforming! Christmas is the perfect excuse to play with glitter!







1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous project Annabel. It seems like you've managed to include all of our favourite things, from the glitter, to the framed shabby mirror to little feathered friends and roses. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! The aim of my blog is the be a place of encouragement and happiness. Very rarely is anyone rude. Actually only twice so far! If you post a rude or aggressive comment I will read it but not publish it, thanks for understanding.xxx

Spam is never published... if you are advertising a product or selling website your comment wont be published. I am inundated with stuff about drugs, horses and weird things! I am not going to publish this stuff! Thank you.