The little birds...

If you watch little birds you will see they are busy and happy! Using whatever they can find they create the most gorgeous little nest.
I would be the little bird with some glittery thread in her nest!
We can be like this. Happily working away with the things that are available to us to create a beautiful and happy home.
All the while with a little song in our heart.

Banner by Free Pretty Things for You.

Friday 22 November 2013

Pretty bottles and another stand.

There are so many good functional products that we use everyday but they come in the ugliest bottles! It's not so bad if they live in the cupboard but my dish washing detergent just always ends up near the sink. 

These times just transferring things to a lovely bottle makes it look so much better! There are lots of things that will instantly seem better this way. Salad dressings on the table, sauces etc. Mouth wash and bubble bath in the bathroom. 

The same really works for things like biscuits in a nice jar or even laundry powder in a big jar with a pretty scoop.

Doing the dishes isn't really a fun job but things can look a little nicer!


I sit it all on a little cake stand and it keeps it off the bench too.

With my final cake stand, which is really a two tier wire stand, I've made a little tea and coffee station. We are short on kitchen cupboard space and this has freed up a cupboard and I really like it!



I just love finding practical uses for pretty things that make daily tasks seem a little bit nicer. 

Have a lovely weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. That's so pretty Annabel! I love pretty bottles too and they can be found in the most unexpected places. I found two with cut crystal looking stoppers at my local IGA supermarket the other day for just $2 each! Beautiful post :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! The aim of my blog is the be a place of encouragement and happiness. Very rarely is anyone rude. Actually only twice so far! If you post a rude or aggressive comment I will read it but not publish it, thanks for understanding.xxx

Spam is never published... if you are advertising a product or selling website your comment wont be published. I am inundated with stuff about drugs, horses and weird things! I am not going to publish this stuff! Thank you.