The little birds...

If you watch little birds you will see they are busy and happy! Using whatever they can find they create the most gorgeous little nest.
I would be the little bird with some glittery thread in her nest!
We can be like this. Happily working away with the things that are available to us to create a beautiful and happy home.
All the while with a little song in our heart.

Banner by Free Pretty Things for You.

Tuesday 29 October 2013

Card making...

Every year I make cards and tags. I haven't worked out what I'd like to do this year... except for knowing it has to involve glitter!
I always love anything with birds. Birds to me are so cheerful and happy. 
Simple cards from a little while ago, these were from a $1 thrift shop book that I cut up. To make ruffles I cut strips of crepe paper and dye them in tea or coffee to get a bit of an antique look. Then apply a line of glue and gently squish the paper into gathers to your liking. 
Keep an eye out for images you love. They are everywhere. Anything old or with a vintage or aged feel appeals to me. Saving trinkets like old jewellery or keys, stickers, lace... anything really and you have little additions to tie on and embellish. 

Keeping a box full of cards ready means never having to buy a card. When I look at cards in the shop I nearly fall off the perch when I see the price, many are ten dollars or so. 
Making cards is easy and great fun... and very inexpensive.








1 comment:

I really appreciate your comments thank you! The aim of my blog is the be a place of encouragement and happiness. Very rarely is anyone rude. Actually only twice so far! If you post a rude or aggressive comment I will read it but not publish it, thanks for understanding.xxx

Spam is never published... if you are advertising a product or selling website your comment wont be published. I am inundated with stuff about drugs, horses and weird things! I am not going to publish this stuff! Thank you.